Surf Sports forms a major part of our club, being involved in what surf sports offers will give you the full experience of Surf Lifesaving. Training and competing in various surf sport disciplines will provide you the skills to be a better lifeguard and provides you opportunities to participate in a summer sport at whatever level you choose, whether that is local competition or even World Championship events.
We welcome you to join our team of dedicated athletes and coaches.
The following principles form the philosophy of our club sport:
- Fair Play
- Having Fun
The club aims to provide Surf Sport training and programmes to provide members:
- Equal Opportunity
- Quality Sport Coaches
- Quality training to allow athletes to achieve goals
- Opportunities to attend Local, Regional, National and World Surf Life Saving Events.
- Opportunities to enable selection for Provincial and National representative teams.
- Logistical support for events
To be eligible to compete in Surf Sports, members must:
1. Be a financial member (subs paid) and have completed the appropriate club registration form for the season.
2. Be registered with SLSNZ.
3. Have paid any applicable sport craft levies (if using craft).
4. Carry out rostered Patrolling duties (refreshed SLA), with the exception of:
- Life Members
- Junior members, or
- Members living outside of the Canterbury geographical area, or
- Otherwise at the discretion of the Club Captain
Members wishing to participate in Surf Sports should contact the team coach or the club Surf Sport Manager.